Thursday, 30 January 2020

Sounding Off

I'm still immersed in the depths of GoatTracker!

Since the last blog entry a few days ago (read here), I've completely rewritten my 'get ready' tune so it now sounds more 'urgent' and suspenseful.  Well I think it does...

I've also written four more level tunes to accompany the one written the other day!  I was originally going to make them spooky sounding, but found that style didn't actually suit the gameplay.  More 'driving' bass lines are needed to motivate the player along.  Each tune is between 40 and 60 seconds long before repeat; I've deliberately made them short so I can have more tunes in memory for more variety for each level.  As mentioned in the previous blog entry, these tunes are written using only two voices, leaving the third free for sound effects.

Along with the level tunes, I've composed a really rather jolly game complete tune!  A bit premature maybe as I don't even know if I'll have a game complete screen yet, but it gives me options further down the line.

What?  You want proof I've actually written some music?  Below should be a player containing a test recording of the music currently assigned to Level 1 (this was recorded using SidPlay64 on my 8580 equipped C64c playing through my Dolby amp).  If the player doesn't appear from some reason, hear it on my SoundCloud page here.





Next diary entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment