In the diary entry called 'Level 4 Design', I described that level as 'the toughest so far'.
Forget that!
I've just designed Level 5, set outside in a cemetery and it's an absolute pig of a level! Virtually all of the enemies are in your path constantly, the platforms are quite far apart and are peppered with mushrooms ready to drain your energy AND now there is a new introduction to the gameplay - small pools of green slime that, although can be walked on, drain your energy just like the mushrooms!
I've already added the enemy paths and just need to enter the cross locations in hex. I really may need to make this level a little easier; it may not look that hard but playing it is something all together different, particularly if your energy is low! At the moment, the cemetery looks a little like this...
Next diary entry...

No comments:
Post a Comment