Monday, 5 August 2019

Jumping

A couple of weeks ago, I asked about people's preferences on Twitter (read here...) for joystick control in relation to 'jumping' a player character and the general consensus seems to be to use the fire button to jump.

Therefore from this day forth, the fire button will activate the jump function in Chiller 2!

After a bout of coding (I won't share the code here because it's so tied into the main control code, it would be too long!), the player can now jump!  At present, no platforms are detected, but these will be coded up in the next few weeks.

The jump looks like this...


The only slight annoyance is that the sprite carries on the walking animation while in the air which to my mind looks rather silly, so I'll probably have to fix that next less my O.C.D. tendencies will play havoc...

Next diary entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment